HOW TO INCORPORATE GYMNASTICS AT HOME !
HOME GYMNASTICS PROGRAMS DURING covid-19
When a child gets involved in any form of gymnastics activity whether as a competition squad or for recreation purposes, the skills obtained in the process will significantly help the general development of the child. By Incorporating Gymnastics / Gym sport activities in your every day life at home for yourself or your children you are setting them up for great future routine.
Being at home, you can have a successful program which can not only entertain children , but create balance, structure in everyday life for everyone in the household.
WAKE UP . Turn on some tunes. And get moving in the morning. WARM UP. Everyday can be a different Wake up/ warm up song ! - “heyyyy macarina” “etc.. get creative - things that have movements or make up your own ..
The great thing about the versatility of Home Gymnastics equipment manufactured these days is it is all very light weight, portable and easy to store. Which is fantastic to get started in creating a program at home for you and your family .
After a fun, laughable Warm up, Pull out your Mats ! The 3 Essentials I recommend are ;
1) The classic Foldable Panel Mat . Store it under your bed/ upright behind a couch or in a permanent set up if you have room.
2) The foldable Incline wedge. Fantastic for forward rolls, back rolls, walkovers , learning back handsprings, used as a box for box jumps, parkour, strength training , handstand training. This has got to be one of the most versatile products and such an essential tool.
3) The Octagonal mat - Like the other 2 , it has easy storage, extremely light weight and folds out to create 2 halves. Not only are these great to practice jumps, back limbers/ handsprings with a soft landing but also versatile to practice your over-splits on and other flexibility such as elevated back bending.
Whether you are just starting out learning Gymnastics or are a long term committed Gymnast. Home Gymnastics Programs can suit anyone.
MOVE that coffee table in the middle of the room whilst you train. Create Goals and mini challenges for your kids or yourself ..
The 3 day challenge for example to start off. For 3 days commit to doing 3 of everything . For example.
day 1 :
After warming up and dynamic stretches.
- 3 backbends holding for 10 seconds each.
- 3 handstands belly against wall holding 10 seconds.
- 3 cartwheels or bunny hops BOTH legs.
- 3 pushups or front support for 30 secs
Day 2 and Day 3 Repeat !
Challenges are a great way to get You motivated , Concentration to activate , and more determination to complete it as their is a GOAL in mind ! (ie- getting more flexibile, being able to hold a handstand longer , able to forward roll and standup with no hands)
GIVE IT A GO !
Tag us on instagram or facebook !